Tuesday, 11 August 2026

Random Ramblings #16 - Pitter Patter Raindrops

                        

Rain! Such a beautiful thing. A real beauty of nature. What started as an on-and-off drizzle suddenly blew into a full-fledged downpour as I pen this article. Nature is putting on a full show with extreme lightning and thunder. Today, I did not feel like sitting on the verandah as usual and watching nature perform its feat. Instead, I decided to sit in my room and listen to the soothing rain, at times interrupted by the booming thunder that sets the glass windows reverberating.

Such rains can be dangerous. But you can never cease wondering at the magic nature creates. The trance that rain creates in me can never be contained in words. More than a lullaby, the pitter-patter creates a lasso that pulls my mind out of the abyss that I bury myself in. The rise and fall in tempo, along with the rustic smell of damp soil, creates a connection with nature. Like I always say, there are simple but wonderful things around us that make our lives complete.

As I reflect on my day and write this down, I can hear the rain subsiding outside. I step out to watch the drops that seem to linger on the building's corners and trees, dancing in the cool breeze before jumping off the ledges and branches to unite with the earth. I step out to feel the damp earth with my naked feet, rejuvenate myself, and take in the scent of the wet earth and cool breeze. Happiness brews inside me as I finish this write-up and plan to sit on my favourite chair, savouring the after-effects of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment