Tuesday 2 April 2024

I Am Death I Am Salvation - Frank E. Holmes - Book Review

 


                Recently I came across this book in Book Sirens and after reading the blurb I had to proceed with reading the book. Interesting Blurbs and book covers have been my go-to while selecting a read.

               There is a murder in Seattle Amphitheatre. When Detective Brighton arrives at the scene, she sees the corpse dressed up as The Little Red Riding Hood along with a puzzling message. As they start the investigation, another death soon follows, this time the corpse dressed up as the witch from Hansel and Gretel. Jen and her team are hands full with back-to-back deaths when a different crime occurs and one of her top detectives falls under the radar of suspicion. Now with the limited team, she should crack the case even as more bodies start to pile up. Does she and her team catch up with the killer forms the story.

                The first thing that pulled me to the book was the interesting premise of connecting the murders to fairy tale characters. I liked how the story progressed and how the twist in the middle confused me. Character-wise, I liked the other detectives on Jen's team. In one way or the other, they appeared more smarter. The story was a quick read but there were one or two instances where I felt the story was a bit dragged. There were a few red herrings out there to confuse me. I enjoyed how the murderer was unveiled but towards the end, I realized that there was a little connection to the first book. But, I do not think this will affect the reading in any way. The backstory did address a serious issue and I appreciate the author for that. The writing was simple and the reading was a breeze. Except for one or two spots, I was able to read the book within a day.

                The book is a good read for mystery thriller lovers. This can be a very good one-time read with an interesting storyline and can be read up in a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment